this adoption stuff is tough, folks! we actually started this whole process waaaaaay back in february with orientation, followed by paperwork, waiting, more paperwork, approval, and more waiting. this is not for the faint of heart, people.
our adoption agency, gladney, has a program that totally spoke to us. it's called the ABC program, and it stands for african-american and biracial children. the average wait time from approval to placement (meaning, when we will actually have a baby in our arms) is 6-15 months, with the average wait time of 9 months.
our approval was in may, so for all you mathmagicians out there, we're not even to the 6 month mark yet. i keep telling myself to be patient until february, since that would be the 9 month mark (like an actual pregnancy). if we don't have our baby by then, well, i can't be responsible for my actions! (i'm only sorta kidding.)
i have to give a big congratulatory shout out to my friends tara & eric who are adopting a baby from ethiopia. they just got word that they're officially on the waiting list for a referral. in the world of adoption, this is HUGE, so congrats!
also, to my friend amy who's adopting a baby girl from china--thx for being such a rock and keeping me sane w/your emails (or at least trying to!). here's to the babies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! I just saw my shout out! YES! It makes me feel just a little bit cool and oh so special to get a shout out. :) Thanks for rejoicing with us, I can't even imagine what it will be like when we actualy get our referral!
I was just looking at your post about Thomas the Train- we almost went to that! Well, not Eric and I, but I was going to take Charles (the little guy I watch)...that would have been fun to run into each other- but alas, I didn't end up going. Oh well maybe I will just have to keep running into you at Panera which is the best ever! :)
Post a Comment