Sunday, October 7, 2007

first blog post ever!

for anyone who may actually read this, you'll have to excuse me--i'm new to the world of blogging, therefore i'm somewhat technically challenged. my blog may be blah for awhile until i figure out how to post pix!

anyway, i'm so excited to share our story. we adopted our son, Jack, over 3 years ago, and he's brought so much joy to our lives. he's turning 4 in just a few weeks, and i feel like it's all gone so fast.

this blog will hopefully keep friends and fam updated on our journey. i probably should've started this at the beginning of our adoption process, but procrastination is my middle name. we're actually at the "approved and waiting" phase, which, to all you other adoptive parents out there, you know this really just means torture! we don't know if we'll be getting a boy or a girl, but we're excited either way.

i guess this is a good place to end. hopefully, i'll be getting the hang of this thing soon. to all my cohorts in adoption, good luck and God speed. we'll all make it through together!

m

2 comments:

tara said...

Hi! I will be keeping up on your blog- way to join the band wagon! Have you figured out the pictures yet? If not, let me know and I can fill you in. Good luck!

Rusty said...

Mike, Meridith, and Jack -

I hope everything goes great on the adoption, I will also be keeping track on your blogs and following long! Good Luck!