Tuesday, November 20, 2007

week one

the baby is officially a week old yesterday, which is joyous in and of itself, but also because that means one week is down for the count on this whole sickle cell test thing.

we've decided we better come up with a name so we don't keep calling this poor child "the baby." yes, we're jumping off the cliff with both feet--i've seen his picture and we're naming him. i'm just trying to maintain my fearless confidence that you have to have to even begin this adoption thing in the first place.

when we met the birth mom, we knew she had chosen the name adrien taylor. since one of jack's middle names is already taylor, that was out. however, we kept one of his korean names from his birth mom, and we really wanted to do the same with this baby. when i saw this birth mom's face as she was talking about him, i realized that we had to keep the name adrien. it's her gift to him, and i can't adequately describe the look of pure love as she was talking about baby adrien.

so (drumroll, please!), his name will be adrien tait. we'll call him tait, and that way i can call him my little tait-or tot! he'll love that when he's about 17--hee hee!

to all the other adoptive folk out there who are in this waiting place, we shall all persevere. we have to try to keep our heads up and trust that God is moving in ways we can't know.

p.s. please read the newest post at tara and eric's blog (click on the tara & eric link to the right). our friends jennifer and filipe need our prayers!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

You guys are getting so close! Thank you so much for the prayers and the sweet comments on my blog! I am praying for you guys and Adrien Tait too!

Tara said...

Tait-or-tot. LOL Best. Name. Ever.

veggiemom said...

Love the name!
Kerri and Ruby

Jocelyn said...

I love it. I call my nice Taylor taytor tot and she gets mad at me:-)

Bloggin' Mama said...

I love that name! And your nickname too!!! I'm so excited for you guys that I almost feel like I'm going thru this myself. It's like my last few weeks of both of my pregnancies, the waiting and wondering WHEN.... sooooo anxious, can't wait until it's time for you to go get YOUR little boy.

Tara said...

I'm waiting....

I can hardly stand it!

Still waiting....