Wednesday, November 7, 2007

assistance, please!

ok, so the phonecall went well. so well, in fact, that we're meeting the birth mom, her mom and our caseworkers next thursday in ft. worth for lunch! like i'll be able to eat:)

i wish i had time to tell more about how adorable the birth mom was on the phone and how great her mom seems, but right now i have a more pressing issue i need help with. we need to take a small gift to the birth mom, and i DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!!! what do you get the young woman who may be giving you the most amazing gift?

if you've been stalking my blog and not commenting, now's no time to be shy--i need help! any and all comments are welcome, so if you have any great ideas, i'll take 'em. at this point, feel free to send even mediocre ones my way.

we're going to ft. worth!!!

12 comments:

Bloggin' Mama said...

Meredith, this is great! I will be praying that this meeting goes well and that if it's God's will for this to be your child that all will work out perfectly and the enemy will have no hold over the situation. As far as the gift.... I have NO idea whatsoever. I'm so sorry about not having any ideas. I'll let you know if I come up with anything......

Laura V.

Tara said...

OK so maybe not a bottle of wine....

How "small" of a gift are we talking? Are we talkin' a mini photo album or are we talkin' a gorgeous boquet of flowers? I need more info...and I need to buy more time so I can think about it...

meredith said...

i think this first meeting is just supposed to be something small. when you meet the birth mom later at placement the tradition is something bigger/nicer. i'll take ideas for either!

Jenn said...

Wow, this is so intense and exciting! I have no idea for a gift. Maybe since it is close to Christmas you can get her something Christmassy. I don't know, I'm really bad at being creative with gifts.

AmyC said...

Mike just e-mailed me your blog. You, Mike, Jack and the baby to be are all in my thoughts and prayers. I love the blog and the updates.

Anonymous said...

If I was a pregnant woman I'd want a restaurant gift card... maybe Br@ums : ) Or maybe some nice bath products. T@rget has a line of Burts Bees stuff for pregnant women called Mama Bee. One gift that I think would be great to give the birth mom at placement would be something from the Mother's Love collection at J@mes Avery. You can view it at their website. It's a simple heart that looks like a mother and child facing one another. Good luck on Thursday!
Kristin

Bloggin' Mama said...

So, I thought of something.... How crafty are you? What if you made her a beautiful card (or had Kelly McConnell make one since she's uber crafty) and you and Mike wrote inside how much her meeting you/considering you, etc. means to you. Nothing that seems "pick me, pick me (for lack of a better phrase...)" But something totally from the heart about how gracious and appreciative you are. Maybe put some nice bath products with it. I know it doesn't seem like much, but seriously what DO you get someone who may be giving you the most precious gift someone could give? Praying for you.

Laura

Kurt said...

M and M,

How about an iPod Nano or Shuffle (refurbished on Apple's site)? You could even load it with some appropriate tunes. If that's too much, a mix CD might be fun that would reflect your family's tastes, including Master Jack's. I think of you all often and will be praying for God's will for all involved.

Peace,
Kurt G.

Link to Apple:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?node=home/specialdeals/ipod&cid=AOS-US-AFFC-IPOD&aosid=p201&cjid=10480986-552179-440846-1-0-ARTICLE-0&AID=10480986&PID=552179&SID=440846-1-0-ARTICLE-0

Unknown said...

Hey meredith!

I remember how much Steph loved the spa treatment stuff we all got here right after she had Tori... so what if you all gave the birthmom a giftcard for a manicure or a facial or something like that? She might love something to make her feel beautimous! :)

We're all praying for good things!

-emily

Anonymous said...

Meredith! How exciting!
The only thing I can think of is baking her something 'cause that's just how my mind works! I think for a gift at placement a locket would be neat so she could add a pic of her baby to carry with her??? I don't know...I'll keep thinking.
Praying for you everyday.
Joy

Andrea said...

Maybe you get get her something simple like an inexpensive (but not cheap)bracelet or necklace. Just about every woman I know likes good, everyday jewelry.

Good luck!

Andrea U.

meredith said...

these are all great comments, everyone! thanks for the ideas!