Monday, November 5, 2007

this just in

after a loooooooooooooooong weekend of waiting, our caseworker, raquel, emailed and said the birth mom who's been looking at our profile wants to talk with us to get to know us better. so, i'm supposed to be on standby later tonight--holy phonecalls that could change my life, batman!

raquel said to remember that she's just a young girl trying to figure this all out and is probably as freaked out as we are. unless she's breathing into a paper bag right now, i doubt it.

what do kids talk about these days? what if i'm not down w/the lingo? (that sentence pretty much shows i'm not--ha!) what if she doesn't pick us? what if she does? guess i'll go now and figure out what the heck we're gonna talk about (besides the obvious, of course).

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

My fingers are crossed...keep us posted, I'll be thinking about you!! Don't worry about the lingo, you'd just sound dumb:-0 I know I am so supportive:-)

Amy said...

Meredith...I am sad we haven't met yet... I just came across your blog on Tara's page. Anyway, I can't wait to hear about what happens with this!

Tara said...

Oh my word! I am praying for you right now that the call will go so well!
I wouldn't worry about it though, you are so easy and fun to talk to- it will be a piece of cake.
Let me know how it goes!!!!

Oh and yes, coffee on Sunday maybe??

Anonymous said...

Meredith, your blog is great and I'm so excited to know someone else doing the ABC program! You'll be in my prayers.
Kristin