Monday, November 26, 2007

update! update! update!

just got off the phone w/raquel--the 1st sickle cell test results are in, and he's only a carrier of sickle cell! this means he doesn't have the disease. in fact, the 2nd test (which isn't in yet), will either confirm that he's a carrier, or that there's no sickle cell traits at all. and then she said some stuff about science, but all i heard was....

we could wait for the 2nd test confirmation or we could go ahead and think about PLACEMENT!!!! that is the most beautiful word i've ever heard. we've decided since worse case scenario it would only confirm that baby tate's a carrier, we're ready to go to ft. worth at the earliest possible moment.

not sure when this will be--maybe this week?!?! oh my lands, i can't even think a coherent thought right now! i do have the transitional care mom's phone #, so i plan on chatting with her to hear all about my little man's antics the past two weeks.

on another completely great note, here's a congrats to my good friend amy who's adopting from china--she just got the long-anticipated I171-H and is officially going to be in the referral stage!

YAY! (i wish you could see me now--i'm actually jumping for joy while i'm typing this!)

10 comments:

veggiemom said...

What great news!!! Can't wait to see pics of baby Tate at home with his new family. :)
Kerri and Ruby

Susan & Bill Schaefer said...

We are SO happy. I know Beth & Larry can't wait. I am anxious to meet the newest little cowboy, Tate!
Susan & Bill

Tara said...

Meredith!! I am jumping for joy now too!!! Consider this a big huge congradulations and a BIG huge hug and squeeze- I cannot wait to meet that precious boy!!!! Please please please let me know if you need anything- I am sure you are going crazy right now and have billions of things to get done- call me if you need help. Seriously. :)

Bloggin' Mama said...

Yay, yay, yay!!! Sooo exciting. We are so happy for you guys and can't wait to get to see some pics. and hear how you're adjusting to having a NEWBORN!!

Jocelyn said...

That is wonderful!! I can't wait to see little Tate:-).

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you guys and we can't wait to see pics!!

Anonymous said...

I'm all teary eyed! Granted, I get emotional over nothing sometimes, but this is definitely something!! I'm SO happy and excited for you guys and can't wait to meet little Tate!

Amy said...

Congratulations Meredith! I can't wait to see a picture of sweet Tate!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Okay, wow! I found you blog and am rejoicing with you!! I am going to be praying that everything goes smoothly!!

Blessings,
Lindsey Wheeler
www.thewheelerjourney.blogspot.com

Jenn said...

I am so happy for you guys!!!! This is so exciting!!! Wooo Hooo!!!!