i know that makes me sound like a pirate, but i'm a little out of sorts. it seems that in the middle of all the excitement, no one noticed that OUR HOME STUDY HAD EXPIRED!!! i didn't even know that could happen!
so now we have to schedule a home study update visit with our case worker before we can do placement (aka, before i can hold my sweet baby!). i have a call (and email) into her, so hopefully she can fit us in asap. as other adoptive parents can attest to, it's always something!
raquel also said she wanted us to talk with our pediatrician about not having the second sickle cell test yet to make sure we're certain that we would really be committed to this baby before they schedule placement. i know they're just trying to cover their heinies--hey, i went to law school for like 14 years (ok, only 3 but it seemed like forever!) so i know from covering. still.
i just wanted to cry about all these delays and road blocks. but i know having gone through all this with jack that God has the perfect time. let me remember: not my time, but Yours. not my way, but Yours. not now, but whenever You decide to bring our family together.
(but the sooner, the better--ok?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Who let the home study expire? OFF WITH THEIR HEADS. But yeah...all in good timing.
Arrg! I am so mad too! That really sucks that you got all the way to this point before anyone noticed about such a big thing! I have heard from my sis in law Jenn (who also had to redo their homestudy) that it is quick and easy since they are basicly just making sure nothing has changed. So we will hope and pray for that!!
Stupid home study...just white out the date:-) Just kidding...I hope you get it all fixed very very soon! I'll be thinking about you!
I believe the home study update will be quick too... I hope she can squeeze you in fast!
I'm so sorry about all this frustration! Nothing is ever easy, is it? We had to redo our homestudy recently and we were able to get an appointment really quickly, so hopefully it won't take too long. Your holding on to God's timing is so encouraging to me! You and your family are in my prayers!
Post a Comment